POSITION: PROJECT MANAGER
- Plans and directs highly complex project schedules, monitors project status in comparison to cost/time projections.
- Provides consistent and comprehensive status reports, project updates, and ongoing cost analyses, significant issue management/ resolution and communication.
- Provides direction to all related technical project management staff while serving in the primary project leadership role.
- Tracks Progress of Milestones.
- Works directly with the business to collect, validates, reconciles, business requirements, defines and validates technical options, drives recommendations and develops functional/technical specifications.
- Identifies and manages functional and technical interdependencies to minimize risk and optimize for quality and time.
- Works with all stakeholders and partner teams to track, prioritize and drive resolution to emergent issues as they arise
- Manages internal and external communications for assigned work as directed.
- Manages all associated duties and tasks relative as a project manager, ensures the execution of work packages are monitored and kept on schedule
- Manages already designed project plan work packages to ensure on-time delivery of milestones and report progress, resolves issues, executes change requests or escalates risks to the PMO as necessary
- Works closely with application teams/vendor teams to proactively modify and adjust project plans with ample time to communicate to client PMO any risks to schedule or milestones.
- Understands and aligns internal PMO and corporate processes/procedures that result in accurate communication, documentation and reporting for management and audit teams.
- Establishes communications among system developers, points of contact for the MM systems, parties responsible for interfacing systems, and back office.
QUALIFICATION AND REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum 4 years of increasingly responsible experience, including experience successfully managing various projects.
- Outstanding grasp of information technology concepts and processes.
- Demonstrated aptitude for effective leadership of staff.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- PMP certification is an added advantage
- Thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of own professional discipline.
- Responsibility and Accountability
- Influencing and Leading:
- Communication Effectivenes:
- Conveys goals and objectives clearly and in a compelling manner; listens effectively and clarifies information as needed; interprets verbal and non-verbal messages that others communicate; produces clear status reports; communicates tactfully and candidly.
- Ensures that project status, issues and successes are communicated to project team, stakeholders, sponsors, steering committee and all levels of management and documented appropriately.
- Motivates project team members to action. Identifies common themes, makes inferences and draws conclusions.
- Critical thinking and Problem solving:
- Recognizes problems or situations that are new or without clear precedent. Evaluates alternatives and finds solutions using a systematic, multi-step approach.
- Develops improvements and innovations to enhance performance.
- Pro-actively engages present and future stakeholders in design, priority setting, and implementation.
- Builds coalitions among the various stakeholders; negotiates authority to move the project forward.
To apply, send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org Message title: Project Manager [your full name]