POSITION: RELEASE MANAGER
- Provides analysis of daily update from Manager, Business Analyst, Solution Architect, OpCo Project Manager and Test Team.
- Responsible for Technical Design.
- Provides Vendor Management, Performance and Reporting (Weekly reporting and meetings, monthly performance reporting).
- Manages Configuration Changes and Roadmap.
- Acts as a Communication Management (Senior management escalations, Post production communications, Newsletters, new initiatives, etc.).
- Accountable for Crisis, Risk Management and Issue Resolution.
- Measures and monitors progress to ensure application releases are delivered on time and within budget, whilst meeting/exceeding expectations.
- Coordinates release content and efforts based on the service request backlog, pending service requests, third party applications.
- Communicates all key project plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, Quality Assurance plans, schedules, and scope changes.
- Conducts, Releases Readiness reviews, Milestone Reviews, and Business Go/No-Go reviews.
- Produces Deployment, Run Books and Implementation Plans.
- Weekly Release Reporting and Updates.
- Communicates release details and schedules to the Business as required.
- Maintains the release schedule for all core services, whilst ensuring alignment across Key Partners and Vendors.
- Provides Leadership and co-ordination of Go-Live activities including the execution of the deployment plans and checklists.
- Participates in Change Advisory Board meetings to discuss release scope and/or roadblocks.
- Maintains a release repository by the management of key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists.
- Provides research of new software development and configuration management methodologies and technologies and analyzes their application to current configuration management needs.
QUALIFICATION AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, management, IT or related field.
- ITIL certification is required (in release management), and project management certification is preferred
- A minimum 6 years of technology experience.
- A minimum of five years of experience in release management of a technology platform.
- Proficiency in application development release processes and tools.
- Proficiency in creating detailed production implementation plans and performing mock dress rehearsals in a production release environment is desired.
- Proficiency in using CM tools
- Proficiency in IT operations and support organizations.
Proficiency in other process frameworks and methodologies is a plus
- Strong problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to build and manage relationships effectively in a matrixed environment.
Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
Ability to use sound judgment.
- Ability to manage time and workload effectively which includes planning, organizing, and prioritizing with attention to details.
To apply, send CV to email@example.com Message title: Release Manager [your full name]